One Canberra is a development located around 500 metres from parliament house on the intersection of Canberra Avenue and National Circuit in Forrest. Key facts and features for the building include:
- PCA ‘A’ Grade quality standard.
- Design 5 Star NABERS independently modelled.
- 24,100m² NLA.
- 5 storeys above ground with roof level central plant.
- 5 storey internal atrium with 1000m² floor area.
- Three levels of basement car parking at a ratio of more than one bay per 50m² of net lettable area (NLA), 495 bays.
- 200 kW solar array
- Two independently serviced building wings separated by a 1,000m² internal atrium with linkages on all levels.
- Floor plates which can be subdivided down to 1,000m² or combined to provide 5,000m² on a single level.
- Panoramic full height triple silver coated double glazed façade with continuous blind pelmet.
- Basement bicycle parking for 88 standard bikes (expandable) with adjoining shower and change room facilities.
- Loading dock with linked storage areas and purpose built security office.
- 700m² of enclosed basement storage.
- Foyer reception station with megapixel CCTV station, intercom, WIP and security system connectivity.
- Secure island site.
As part of the project, Rudds Consulting Engineers provided services for the 22,000m² for the Department of Finance.
Rudds Consulting Engineers provided electrical, communications and security services. This included:
- 5 Star NABERS design independently modelled, excluding power generation from solar array or green energy.
- At full building occupancy 200 kw solar array supplying significant proportion of daytime base load house power.
- Ground level substation with two 1500kva SCADA transformers
- New high voltage diverse feed
- Basement level switch room
- One primary tenant supply with BMS metering of KWH and demand, ACTEW metering provision for multiple floor tenanting.
- Essential and nonessential house supply
- Extensive NABER’s reporting compliant base building electrical metering, interfaced to BMS with historical storage and reporting functions. Expandable to monitor tenant facilities.
- Provision for tenant metering in electrical switchboards
- Exclusive accessible fire rated riser for rising sub mains from basement to plant level
- Electrical risers in each core servicing switchboards for up to four tenancies per core or eight ACTEW metres per level
- Future input at switch room for backup generator connection to essential supply. Designated plant room areas for generators Designated basement room for fuel tank. Pre-installed fuel line riser to plant room. Switchboards designed to accommodate tenant fall over switches for generator supply connection
- In ceiling grid, high efficiency, T5, 1200 x 300, low glare aluminium louvered, electronic ballast single 28 watt triphosphour tube with integrated return air
- Full “Plug &Play” DALI 5 core wiring system
- DALI ballasts for intelligent lighting to office areas
- Wiring of perimeter tenant lighting to permit day light dimming in fitout
- Motion detection for activation of lighting in service and basement areas
Accessible exclusive fire, security, communications and data risers from basement to plant room.